Job Description/Essential Functions:
The Billing and Collections Department is responsible for all aspects of a medical billing and collections functions:
- Making sure charges are keyed in a timely fashion.
- Posting insurance and patient payments.
- Following up on outstanding accounts receivables.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Professional and caring attitude is a must! Prior experience answering incoming telephone calls in a medical practice or addiction treatment center environment is a plus.
2+ years’ experience in the Behavioral Health and/or medical Industry (preferred but not required)
- Professionalism and compassion in all forms of communication
- Ability to work effectively alone and with a team.
- Basic computer functions, scanning, faxing, etc…
Well organized, outgoing individual with excellent time management and reporting skills.